Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you always check your shopping bill?

(16 Posts)
CurlyN Sun 25-Feb-07 22:26:12

Our shopping came to £115 yesterday. (my DP sneaked 3 bottles of value vodka through). Checkout lady was so busy asking a greying 37 year old for ID? that she tapped in 3 x vodka, then scanned 2 as well. plus sausages were buy 2 for 2.50. We were charged the normal price. It's not often i check the receipt. But hey result. CS gave us refund and items for freeeeeee. we ended up having 30 odd pound back.

vinhotinto Sun 25-Feb-07 22:43:06

yes, only in last few weeks because for the first time dp asked what a specific item had cost -

and low and behold noticed had been charged for the same thing three times

TheArmadillo Sun 25-Feb-07 22:44:45

yes.

Mistakes happen, but I'm not paying for them.

suzycreamcheese Sun 25-Feb-07 22:46:18

curlyN ..who is CS?
well done to you! i do check mine cause they do make mistakes...easily!

Sobernow Sun 25-Feb-07 22:50:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fransmom Sun 25-Feb-07 22:51:08

customer services

suzycreamcheese Sun 25-Feb-07 22:53:43

oh yes, that makes sense, fransmom, what supermarket?

SNOWBall4girlz Sun 25-Feb-07 22:55:31

happens alot at asda so yes we check the receipt as they will refund you if you notice straight away

CurlyN Sun 25-Feb-07 22:55:37

MMM Customer Service, Tesco.

Aero Sun 25-Feb-07 22:56:17

I tend to count it up (nearest 50p) as I load it onto the belt. If it's vastly different I will check it. I do check that offers have been added correctly though.

CurlyN Sun 25-Feb-07 23:01:12

I have noticed an over charge before, but not until I arrived home, it was a while ago now, i phoned tesco after i put the shop away, they said no prob when you are next in, we'll sort your refund out. Again, it was refund and the item for free. DP was a little concerned yesterday, as the refund went over a certain amount, therefore the duty manager had to be informed and the checkout opperator would be spoken too. I said tuff, should be concentrating. Sorry can be buvvered to check this, enjoying my free vodka, with DC ofcourse

CurlyN Sun 25-Feb-07 23:02:13

Diet coke not....

fransmom Mon 26-Feb-07 19:55:15

it can be any suzy

ImaWurzel Mon 26-Feb-07 20:03:16

I normally check my receipt as we are walkibg out of the shop, just to make sure the offers went through. I have worked in supermarkets and now a small shop where offers don't always work. It's feeble and probably petty, but was in somerfield the other day, bought some eggs, label said £1.05 and i got charged £1.35. (I know it's only 30p but still..) And couple months ago on some wine we bought every saturday to go with pizza (typical sat eve - we have no lo's yet) label said £3.99 we got charged £5.99. They finally put price up to £5.99 after about a month!! I am so my mothers daughter! (I hate that sometimes)

Furball Mon 26-Feb-07 20:14:48

yep = I check every week after I've put everything away. My local sainsburys are very good and always refund me even smal 50p-£l amounts if something hasn't been charged right. Feel like a right tittletattle asking but I feel it's better in my purse than theres.

Furball Mon 26-Feb-07 20:14:58

meant theirs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now