Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Faux leather sofa

(6 Posts)
greenlizard Tue 10-Jan-17 16:24:14

It's a white sofa. How do I keep it clean and I have a stain - what can I safely use to remove it? Thanks

JayneW63 Wed 11-Jan-17 12:23:59

What's the stain?

greenlizard Wed 11-Jan-17 13:47:31

It appears to be some sort of food stain that had got trapped down the side and went a bit mouldy- lord know how.long it's been there shock. Also there are some.biro marks and what appears to be tomato sauce stains. I thought about trying some vanish gold as a paste?

JayneW63 Wed 11-Jan-17 14:49:24

The mouldy food should clean out with a little work, I use and sell ENJO which is a chemical free cleaning system, which is what I would use. But that's not going to help you at the mo, so use soapy water and a soft cloth, if there is stitching involved an old tooth brush is invaluable so you can clean into the seam creases. Same for the biro, the tomato sauce is a bigger problem, from experience tomato is a pain to get rid, when I did use bleach I found it left a brownish stain to tomato marked plastic, and Bicarb didn't shift it either.

Good luck.

FinallyHere Wed 11-Jan-17 16:41:35

Cologne will take off the biro stains, the active ingredient is the alcohol.

JayneW63 Wed 11-Jan-17 16:58:26

so would a drop of vodka.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now