Talk

Advanced search

Help please - I'm a launderette virgin

(7 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 17-Dec-16 17:31:27

I went this morning to wash some door mats and discovered a huge machine that awakened in me a desire to clean clean clean.grin
The machine was big enough that I went back after doing the mats and put all of DS's bed linen (including mattress protector) and the actual quilt itself (all double bed size). It cost £8 and took 30minutes.
I think I could have put all of our bed linen in there. Two double sets and one queen size set.
My question is, how much soap powder to use?
It has a pre wash and a wash.

At home I wash each set on a separate load and then tumble dry separately too if the weather is pants so it ends up taking over a whole day.
I'm thinking of doing it all in one go at the launderette instead and although I've got to pay £8 for the pleasure, it will be money well spent and probably about the same as three loads at home yes?

tribpot Sat 17-Dec-16 17:39:53

I would ask the people who work in there.

I must say, I bloody love a good launderette. Esp when ds was little, so I could legitimately go and hang out and read a book in peace for a little while, whilst virtuously feeling like I was doing a household chore.

DollyPlastic Sat 17-Dec-16 17:41:33

I've never been in one, can I go and put all my clothes into one wash?

Sycamoretrees Sat 17-Dec-16 17:46:06

You could...depends how precious you are about your clothes! I used to at uni.

Newbrummie Sat 17-Dec-16 18:03:09

It's the thought of other people's clothes in there though 😆
I've had to use them in the past but my preference is to buy a huge fuck off machine I can have st home

mckenzie Sun 18-Dec-16 08:42:59

Thanks for the replies.
How big is your machine at home newbrummie?

Newbrummie Sun 18-Dec-16 08:50:14

9kgs. Got it from Costco, bloody awesome I swear I'd fit in it !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now