Fridge organisation

(2 Posts)
ChipmunkSundays Tue 13-Sep-16 21:00:29

If you have a large fridge, how do you manage to avoid losing things in it and not noticing until they´ve gone bad? I seem to have to watch ours like a hawk if I don´t want to find mouldy jam, soggy lettuce leaves etc lurking somewhere at the back!

At the moment it´s got in the main body of the fridge: 4 x big glass shelves, 1 x wire bottle shelf (with indents for lying them on their sides), 1 x smaller glass shelf, 2 x shallow plastic salad drawers, 2 x deep plastic drawers at the bottom. Then the fridge door has: 1 x fridge door rack for standing milk etc upright, 2 x small wire shelves, 1 x egg rack, and 4 x semi-transparent plastic boxes with lids that slot in. (Well done if you followed that...)

At the moment I don´t use the lidded boxes in the door or the deep plastic drawers at the bottom as it´s too easy to lose things in there and forget about them. But we do keep a lot of Stuff in the fridge, and it´s such a waste of space!

How do you organise your fridge so as to maximise efficient use of space without losing track of what´s in there?

mypropertea Tue 13-Sep-16 21:14:17

Watching with interest as we hope to become a two fridge family by putting one in the garage soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now