Shower screen never totally clean - help!!

(7 Posts)
DanyellasDonkey Sun 17-Apr-16 14:23:22

However much I clean my shower screen, and regardless of what I use, there are always smears and streaks on it. I don't live in an area with hard water so that isn't the problem.

Anyone got a foolproof method for getting it clean? Thanks

Grumpyoldblonde Sun 17-Apr-16 15:08:56

What have you been using? I spray mine with white vinegar mixed with water and use a thick textured cloth to wipe then dry a rough tea towel and believe me it looks like I just bought it (it's 11 years old). I think the trick is to clean it very often, not now and again, it takes me around 2 minutes daily to keep it sparkly.

Grumpyoldblonde Sun 17-Apr-16 15:09:26

dry with

MaynJune Sun 17-Apr-16 19:24:47

Astonish Oven and Cookware cleaner, which is a paste in a little tub. Now and again I rub it on with a sponge and rinse it off and the shower door looks lovely and clean.

DanyellasDonkey Mon 18-Apr-16 21:49:39

I've been using a multi-purpose spray and then scrubbing it with a scourer. It's fairly old - at least 10 years but still shouldn't look like it does

adelemorgan Mon 18-Apr-16 23:25:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

KondoAttitude Tue 19-Apr-16 11:08:08

Eco cloths. You wash the screens with the first cloth, and then buff with the second (dry) cloth afterwards. Our shower is back to looking like new (although admittedly it's not nearly as old as yours). But it was in a proper state before I discovered e-cloths!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now