Talk

Advanced search

Chunky full length blanket lined curtains. Hold backs needed.

(5 Posts)
Lelivre Mon 25-Jan-16 11:30:17

I need effective holdbacks as there is a lot of curtain and the windows are almost wall to wall with not much room to pull the curtains back onto. It's on a corded pole and the curtains are obscuring a view of the garden when pulled. I need something metal that is simple in style that I can push them back and behind. Not keen on ties. Many reviews seem to say that metal holdbacks don't hold swathes of fabric very well. Here is a pic of the curtain pole. Any help appreciated.

LettuceLaughton Mon 25-Jan-16 22:20:34

Something more like this than a hooky metal thing might work

cozietoesie Tue 26-Jan-16 00:24:14

If I've read your OP correctly, have you thought about using actual chain? If you had somewhere on the wall to screw in some serious hooks - eg the sort you have on the back of doors for dressing gowns etc - then you should, with the right size of chain and links, be able simply to hook links on.

Lelivre Fri 29-Jan-16 15:23:41

Thanks for the posts. I didn't have any when I went to order so I made a call on what Amazon had to offer. Hopefully my dh will put them up tomorrow. I'll post in case it helps anyone. I got a bit confused shopping online trying to conjure up a sense of the dimensions and went for the matching ones with the pole I have. They look small now they have arrived!! Anyway will see how it goes!

cozietoesie Fri 29-Jan-16 18:51:51

Good luck. Come back if it goes a bit pear shaped. smile(Your reference to the 'bit small'.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now