Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher salt residue problems

(8 Posts)
Kazzaroo Sun 19-Jul-15 13:26:54

My hubby filled up our dishwasher with salt a few days ago and now, even after 3 cycles AND a dishwasher cleaner being run through it, we've still got salt residue on everything! Can anyone advise me please?

PigletJohn Sun 19-Jul-15 13:54:01

there should never be any trace of salt inside the dishwasher or the water that washes your dishes.

My guess is that he did not refit the screw-down lid of the salt container properly.

BeansInBoots Sun 19-Jul-15 13:58:51

My partner did this.... Had you checked the cap is on the hole not on the fucking worktop?

Kazzaroo Sun 19-Jul-15 14:00:10

I'm home around 5.30pm after work today. I took the bottom rack out and unscrewed the salt container cap and screwed it back on, then set it to run again, before I went to work. Let's see if that makes a difference. Just at a loss☺

Kazzaroo Sun 19-Jul-15 14:02:17

Haha BeansinBoots. My hubby does try, bless him ��

meglet Sun 19-Jul-15 14:04:17

the screw lid may have cracked. mine did and was leaking salty water into the dishwasher.

got a replacement from a local home appliance service centre.

Kazzaroo Sun 19-Jul-15 16:48:25

Thanks Meglet, I'll have a look when I get home��

Kazzaroo Sun 26-Jul-15 15:08:09

Well I've no idea how the problem righted itself, but everything seems to be ok now. Thanks for the input everyone xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now