Talk

Advanced search

Marie Kondo, is it worth buying the book?

(15 Posts)
lolalotta Mon 15-Dec-14 13:34:42

Is it as good as all the Amazon reviews say it is???

Got99problems Mon 15-Dec-14 13:35:51

I've heard lots of good things about it on here... getting it for christmas grin

ALittleFaith Mon 15-Dec-14 22:24:59

It's worth checking your local library! It's worth reading the book whether you buy or borrow. I started reading about 4 weeks ago and the house is really starting to look good now. Where I've tidied has stayed tidy, I clean as I go along and I reckon we've saved money because I know what food we have (tidied the food cupboard and freezer!) and plan ahead with food.

3BloodyKids Mon 15-Dec-14 22:26:07

you could actually get all you need from the threads on here. and I'm a convert grin

lolalotta Tue 16-Dec-14 05:41:14

I'm going to order it on kindle... Nearly half the price and no clutter! I will check the library first though, thank you for your replies!

Rosa Tue 16-Dec-14 06:08:50

Oh heavens another lurker thinking about it...rather scared about getting hooked though as I need to de clutter or get a bigger house!!

AgentAlice Tue 16-Dec-14 11:43:46

The threads are so long though, where do you start? I haven't the time to trawl through pages and pages of MN.

lolalotta Tue 16-Dec-14 18:25:28

When the threads have 700-odd posts I always feel like I would be butting in!!! wink

OneSkinnyChip Tue 16-Dec-14 18:52:45

Yes definitely get the book - but get it on Kindle grin

ItIsntJustAPhase Wed 17-Dec-14 18:54:50

The book is better than the threads as you find yourself converted to her way of thinking by the way she writes.

AdventuringAbout Thu 18-Dec-14 22:31:03

There are always new converts joining the Kondo threads - please join in! I'm a total convert, read the book on kindle after reading the first MN thread, and I can now almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. My cupboards and drawers have spare space in them, there is nothing under the beds...very scary! We don't talk about the garage though - it's my final frontier grin

BriarRainbowshimmer Fri 19-Dec-14 14:38:16

I really liked it! I liked the stuff about really valuing the things you have and what they do for you, but I have no patience for the "everything similar at the same time" tidying process she promotes.

RunningKatie Fri 19-Dec-14 14:44:11

I'm top of the library wait list, I need to sort everything my house.

GodRestYeMerrySlatterns Fri 19-Dec-14 15:37:10

I have bought it but haven't had a chance to start reading it yet. I think I'll leave it until Boxing Day, I will certainly need it by then!

yongnian Fri 19-Dec-14 15:43:33

Definitely worth it, tho I too got the kindle version (less clutter!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now