Advanced search

What cafeteire do you use if you have an induction cooker?

(7 Posts)
IDugUpADiamond Thu 08-May-14 17:33:50

and would you recommend it?

Nocomet Thu 08-May-14 17:53:34

You boil water in a kettle and pour it over the coffee in the cafeteria?

PigletJohn Thu 08-May-14 18:06:40

are you thinking of those Italian octagonal things, where you put water in the bottom half, and it squirts up a tube into the top half?

That's the only kind of coffee maker I can think of that has to go on a stove. As they are invariably aluminium I don't see that they'd work on induction.

I mostly use Bistro cafetieres, though there are much cheaper ones in the supermarts. Cheap ones often have plastic lids.

IDugUpADiamond Thu 08-May-14 18:34:22

Yes PigletJohn like this one:

I'm just wondering if there are other alternatives and how they compae

killedanotherthread Thu 08-May-14 21:32:15

I think the octagonal ones are called espresso makers, can also be called cafetieres, but I think most people will think of cafetieres as the ones with a push top. If you search "induction espresso maker" on Amazon they have some, eg,

PigletJohn Thu 08-May-14 23:03:43

I've never seem a stainless Bialetti, so am surprised. I'd consider an espresso maker to be different as well, working on pressurised steam and boiling water.

Mine lives on the top shelf of a wall cabinet with the sandwich toaster, fish steamer and other items that never get used. It is more trouble to prepare and to clean than it warrants.

A cafetiere is something quite different, with a plunger knob sticking through the domed lid.

IDugUpADiamond Fri 09-May-14 06:44:08

Hi again Piglet, I'm from the continent you see, so an espresso maker is a kitchen staple for me. Having swapped our gas cooker for an induction cooker, things just don't feel right anymore in my kitchen smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now