(10 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Sat 17-Mar-12 14:04:19

Criteria are -
Durable
Quick boil
Reasonably quiet
Stainless steel

MoaningMinnieWhingesAgain Sat 17-Mar-12 14:07:24

I have gone through a kettle a year lately - the lids all break. Currently have a Breville like this but it is hard to see how full it is and the lid is broken, again.

BoffinMum Sat 17-Mar-12 14:13:52

Aga kettle?

Here

mamijacacalys Sat 17-Mar-12 14:16:03

Have a stainless steel Russell Hobbs that is 10 years old and still going strong so would consider that make again.
Bosh kettles are meant to be good but ££££.

PigletJohn Sat 17-Mar-12 17:25:17

I recently had four Morphy-Richards kettles in 18 months. I only paid for one of them, the others were all replacements under guarantee because the lid fastening broke and they wouldn't open. When the fourth one broke I didn't bother having it replaced, I just bought a Russell-Hobbs. Seems fine.

naturalbaby Sat 17-Mar-12 21:08:08

My Dualit one is 6yrs old. The coloured plastic on the lid is a bit discoloured and cracked round the edge but otherwise it still looks good and shiny. We had a couple before it that didn't last more than a couple of years so this one has been well worth the money.

Liveinthepresent Tue 20-Mar-12 21:44:15

Thanks everyone !
Hob kettle won't work for us ( rubbish electric hob) but they are definitely more reliable!
pigletjohn that sounds a bit like our track record! Annoying.
Going to look at Russell Hobbs and dualit first - though imagine dualit may be £££

mumdebump Wed 21-Mar-12 19:10:13

Have a Philips stainless steel jug kettle which is excellent and was not expensive. Also is v energy efficient as can boil just what is needed (min 1 cup - measure is on the side) Highly recommend it. Dualit kettles have had terrible reviews for durability.

fossil97 Fri 23-Mar-12 22:38:15

I think I have the same Philips kettle, it's really nice to use with an excellent water gauge. I see a lot of them about.

is it this one?

Just bumping this to find out if anyone has any strong views on kettles?
Key element I get so far from this thread is to avoid Morphy Richards...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now