Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got cats and a wool sofa?

(8 Posts)
bluehorizon Thu 13-Oct-11 10:59:13

I am tempted to get a wool covered sofa but wondered if it's going to be a nightmare with cat hairs? Anyone got advice. Our other sofas are cotton coveres and they don't really collect the hair at all.

bluehorizon Thu 13-Oct-11 10:59:32

covered that should say

CaptainNancy Thu 13-Oct-11 11:05:14

Hmm... not sure I'd go for it. My MIL has linen sofas, but she has to keep them covered permanently with throws because of her 2 cats.

bluehorizon Thu 13-Oct-11 11:10:38

Thanks. Because of the claws or the hair?

CaptainNancy Thu 13-Oct-11 12:37:38

Good question! grin

I think mainly because of the hair actually- one of her cats never scratches things, and the other does so very rarely. Lucky lady smile

Also because of muddy paw-prints though, as the linen is pale, and one of her cats in particular likes to run straight in from the garden and leap onto the arms of the sofa, walk all the way round 3 sides hmm then run off upstairs.

bluehorizon Thu 13-Oct-11 13:06:47

Ha ha. Our cats like to lay on their backs on the floor boards, grab the edge of the sofa seat with their claws and scoot like trains up and down - it's very funny to watch but I don't hold out much hope for the new sofa :-)

bluehorizon Thu 13-Oct-11 13:07:47

I suppose i can get cat coloured sofas - that would help

CaptainNancy Fri 14-Oct-11 11:00:56

Heheh- cat-coloured furry sofas might just do it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now