Talk

Advanced search

Stain on brand new carpet - heeeeeelp!!!

(11 Posts)
PassTheTwiglets Thu 29-Sep-11 09:15:53

My bastard plumber has just left a charming green stain on my brand new light beige carpet. I've no idea what it is - it seems to be just a colour mark, it's not a liquid or anything that can be scraped off. What can I do?! I've tried various carpet stain cleaners before but they've been useless (though they were on old stains). Pleeeeease help, I can't bear it!!!

mumblechum1 Thu 29-Sep-11 09:21:00

Sorry but I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and pay a professional to come in and steam clean it.  Does your bastard plumber know what's happened?  If he's contrite I'd get him to pay for cleaning.

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 29-Sep-11 09:22:12

Complain to your plumber - he will (or should be) insured to cover things like this.

Otherwise, can you claim on your own insurance to get it replaced?

PassTheTwiglets Thu 29-Sep-11 09:22:47

He knows - he saw me trying to clean it and jsut said "I think it was the cylinder that did that..." hmm

PassTheTwiglets Thu 29-Sep-11 09:25:04

I'm scared of him sad We could claim on insurance but then the premiums go up. I should ask him but I just can't.

I'm actually crying over this - nothing ever bloody goes right with this house! Plumber is here because a small job we got him to do last time has necessitated a huge job (problaby £1k+)... <wails>

planetpotty Thu 29-Sep-11 09:27:17

I think the plumber should be sorting it out TBH surely its part of his job to protect your things while he is working as someone has said he should be insured. Ha ha the cylinder thing sounds like waffle plumber type people would baffle me with!

Things I have don to fix bad carpet damage in the past though is - shave the area with a razor down to a part of the pile that is clean, and I even once cut the damaged carpet out and superglued an off cut down in its place ...... extreme carpetting behaviour in my household!!

PassTheTwiglets Thu 29-Sep-11 09:33:07

Or, alternatively, it was just green dust and I've hoovered it up and the stain has gone grin

I was very brave and I asked him if he had insurance to cover it - he said he didn't think he did it (LOL, he said "I'm sure it wasn't the cylinder", completely changing his tune once he realised he could be in trouble over it!!) adn we had a bit of a contretempts over it. I am shaking so much though - I am rubbish at any sort of confrontation. Very pleased with myself that I did it though.

Panic over grin

HistoryofReading Thu 29-Sep-11 09:34:53

I know it sounds silly but have you tried a pet odour/mark spray? Seems to work on all manner of things.

PassTheTwiglets Thu 29-Sep-11 09:41:10

That's interesting, History! Will store that info for future use as I do have a bottle of that...

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 29-Sep-11 10:31:14

Well done for taking it up with him - I know it's a hard thing to do!

And very glad that the stain has gone too grin

PurpleCrazyHorse Thu 29-Sep-11 20:47:44

Great that the stain has gone.

We use 1001 Spot Shot stain remover. It's in a can and is brilliant on all the stains we've used it on. Just make sure you use a white cloth with it, otherwise the colour in the cloth also comes out on the carpet too blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now