Talk

Advanced search

Tell me how you store coats and shoes - please!

(7 Posts)
Mandy21 Fri 23-Sep-11 12:51:24

This is getting me down - OK, not a life or death situation, but it is quite soul destroying to have the same fight with coats and shoes every evening. We have a small wall cupboard in the hall (which houses the meter) but its not quite big enough and the downstairs toilet is fast becoming a dumping ground. Its tiny to start with so no chance of it being used as a toilet!

Any suggestions for ingenious storage / advice welcome!

Thanks

JsOtherHalf Fri 23-Sep-11 21:23:53

Ikea hall storage department is your friend - lots of ideas.

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/hallway/10455/

bessie26 Sat 24-Sep-11 15:14:15

I got this click together storage thing for our under stairs cupboard. It's great for my & DDs shoes & hats, but DH says he finds it a bit difficult to get his bigger shoes into it although I can manage it ok

I really want a carpenter to come round & build me some pigeon hole storage in the cupboard specifically for all our shoes, but all the ones I've had recommended to me have retired!

bessie26 Sat 24-Sep-11 15:16:02

And google "storage ideas for small spaces" (or similar) for ideas!

susylou Sat 24-Sep-11 15:24:39

We've got the same problem, compounded by DH/DS not hanging up their coats and leaving them over chairs/on the floor etc, as well as multiplying coat syndrome. I'm stuck there. Shoes I am trying to conquer by wellies by the back door; four shelf shoe stack in hall itself limited in theory to school shoes and weekend trainers/slippers, all other shoes in bedrooms or in games kit. But most shoes seem to end up under the bed or a chest of drawers, usually in need of a partner.

bessie26 Sat 24-Sep-11 19:28:34

susy if we had the space, I would just get a big basket by the front door that everyone could throw their shoes in, but no chance of that until we've got rid of the buggy...

kbaby Sat 24-Sep-11 23:54:09

We've the same re small meter cupboard. The only thing I have in there now is bags and wellies, I've bought a over the door hanger and out that over the playroom door for coats and all shoes are now stored under everyones beds.
I did have a shoe draw from next but I got fed up of the kids slamming the doors and braking the brackets on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now