Talk

Advanced search

How do I get my windows clean?

(14 Posts)
Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 16:31:00

Help how do I get the windows and doors in my conservatory clean. I have tried various windows cleaners with a cloth or kitchen towel but they always look streaky and really disappointing..... My doors also have toddler paw prints all over them. Any tips please

nightshade Wed 14-Sep-11 16:34:28

teensy bit of fairy liquid in hot water and a cloth, add some vinegar to the water also. use a squidgy thingy to scrap water off, buff dry with kithchen roll.

window cleaners only smear chemicals over the windows, they don't actually clean dirt off.

Bert2e Wed 14-Sep-11 16:36:46

Totally what nightshade says!

Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 16:50:30

Thanks I will give it a go.

Shinyshoes1 Fri 16-Sep-11 15:33:47

vinegar, I worked in a chip shop with all those cabinets where the fish/pies/saveloys et al are kept. That's the only thing that would get the clean an non smeary.

I use white vinegar on my mirrors and windows indoors, but malt vinegar worked perfectly fine in the chip shop

Graciescotland Fri 16-Sep-11 15:42:09

I dry them with old newspaper, cheaper than kitchen roll ...

An e-cloth if they are grubby followed by a glass e-cloth, plain water = immaculate streak free windows.

Bought mine 5 years ago and they are still going strong.

NormanTheForeman Fri 16-Sep-11 15:59:18

I also use a teeny bit of fairy in hot water, and dry with a proper window scrim (I bought mine in Lakeland).

Mandy2003 Fri 16-Sep-11 20:44:26

I have a slightly different window problem - old style UPVC double glazed units on an upper floor with no outside access as its a flat (the windows only swing open from the top and only one side of the unit opens).

How would you clean them without falling out the window?!

Nevercan Fri 16-Sep-11 21:32:48

Get someone to hold your feet whilst you lean out grin

Nevercan Fri 16-Sep-11 21:34:00

Where do you get an ecloth from? Supermarket?

NormanTheForeman Fri 16-Sep-11 21:36:42

Ecloths from Lakeland. smile

southeastastra Fri 16-Sep-11 21:37:51

ecloths are great, you only need water

NormanTheForeman Fri 16-Sep-11 21:41:19

They are brilliant for cleaning the top of the cooker, sea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now