Talk

Advanced search

washing trainers - help!

(5 Posts)
PandaG Thu 01-Sep-11 17:13:55

both DC have come back from camp with wet, muddy, smelly trainers. I want to wash them in my machine. Are theer any rules to follow - should they be in on their own, or in with a wash, or in a bag? I don't want to ruin my washer for the sake of a couple of pairs of cheap trainers, but if I can clean them it would be good.

Thanks

I just put them in the machine on their own. Mine were washed a lot over the summer, what with all the fine dry weather! Obviously I let them dry first and knock as much mud off as I can. But they've been fine, good as new really and the machine is still the same too.

limetrees Thu 01-Sep-11 19:38:44

I would not put trainers in with any clothes - definitely on their own.

What sort of trainers are they - I would take a look at them and see if you think they will tolerate a wash. I wouldn't wash ones with lights in or ones which were more "leathery" than "canvassy".

I would also listen to the washing machine going round in case there were any dodgy sounds.

limetrees Thu 01-Sep-11 19:39:49

Oh, but before you do it, make very sure that they haven't been outgrown. I made lots of repairs to a coat and found that it was too tight on DS!!

PandaG Sat 03-Sep-11 17:30:36

thansk a lot for all your advice - they've come up really well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now