Talk

Advanced search

Orange stains on clean washing

(11 Posts)
SugarPasteFrog Sat 16-Jul-11 18:53:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WowOoo Sat 16-Jul-11 18:54:34

Red stains not quite washed out - spag bol?
Tried vanish type stuff on it?

SugarPasteFrog Sat 16-Jul-11 19:09:01

peachybums Sat 16-Jul-11 22:02:49

Ah was going to say was it a dark wash? some powders bleach clothing if it comes into contact with clothing if its not disolved properly.

Give the washer a hot wash with bio powder then clean all rubber seals, door etc as it may have something lurking in a cranny somewhere you havnt noticed.

emsyj Sat 16-Jul-11 23:44:33

Rust??

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Sat 16-Jul-11 23:51:09

Was it when you got them out of the machine, or after drying on the line? I think some insects do little orange poos...

StealthPolarBear Sat 16-Jul-11 23:53:13

lily pollen? Any chance you brushed past some flowers on the way to the machine? That stuff never comes out - we have thrown out a jumper and a top because of it

SugarPasteFrog Sun 17-Jul-11 13:02:19

almondfinger Sun 17-Jul-11 13:59:58

Did you put on suncream near the bed? When washed the hard water oxidises the metal in the suncream and it creates rust like stains. I've just logged on to see if any mumsnetter has a magic tip for removing suncream stains from clothes. Just back from hols and my whites are all rusty and need some help. Soaking in Oxy twice no use.

SugarPasteFrog Sun 17-Jul-11 20:24:43

TiaMariaandDietCoke Mon 18-Jul-11 14:55:04

More than likely rust indeed - happened to me a while back - if there's no rust inside the drum (you mentioned you've looked), try pulling out the detergent drawer and checking there too - you may find (as i did) there's a bit of rusting at the back of the plastic drawer, from the metal guide at the back - i gave mine a good scrub to remove the rust, put a wee bit of baby oil on it and voila! no more iccky orange spots smile hope it helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now