Talk

Advanced search

new puppy and accidents

(5 Posts)
teta Fri 08-Jul-11 10:28:35

Iis a microfibre mop enough to clean the floor properly or do i need to use a heavy duty cleaner?.Use toilet wipes after poos [on floor not on puppys bum!] but i am still concerned about possible whiffs.

DaisySteiner Fri 08-Jul-11 10:31:48

Apparently some biological detergent mixed up in a spray bottle is good and gets rid of the scent entirely so they don't keep doing it in the same place!

ellangirl Sat 09-Jul-11 13:07:13

Agree with daisy, the enzymes in biological washing detergent get rid of smells. You can also buy special ones from pet shop to do the same thing. On a hard floor I wipe up wee with kitchen roll, then clean using a spray like this. Apparently some cleaners can have things in which actually attract the puppy to toilet there.

daisydotandgertie Sat 09-Jul-11 14:28:38

I use a germ killer first though - dettol/dettox or similar just be on the safe side. We have a small bucket of dettol made up ready to mop up tiny puppy spills as they happen - then they're dealt with by a weak solution of bio washing liquid.

teta Sun 10-Jul-11 13:51:51

Thank-you everyone.I was worried about using cleaners on my tiled floor as it is sealed travertine and can become damaged by certain cleaners.But a weak solution of biological washing powder should be fine i would have thought.I had totally forgotten that tip so many thanks for reminding me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now