Talk

Advanced search

Vacuum cleaner recommendations please!

(8 Posts)
varicoseveined Fri 10-Jun-11 21:55:25

Am fed up with el cheapo vacuum cleaner that isn't doing much of a good job. DH is shampooing the carpet as we speak grin and the water is so mucky blush. Any recommendations? I prefer cylinder types to upright.

pramsgalore4 Fri 10-Jun-11 22:44:19

hi, i have a henry and it is fab, best vacuum i have owned

Honneybunny Sat 11-Jun-11 19:01:12

Another vote for Henry here!

We replaced our (very) old dyson with a vaxx about1/2 year ago. Trouble from the word go. Whatever you do, don't buy one of them! It is a "good-looking" machine, and light, but alarm bells should have gone off when the sales rep in the shop could not tell us why it said it was not suitable for homes with pets. This did not bother us very much, as we do not have pets anyway, but had we known that it also has trouble with dust and hairs, we would have never bought it... It gets blocked up somewhere inside the machine and then heats up, after which the fuse blows. You can then not use the machine ofr an hour, adn need to unblock it, or else it will overheat again the moment you turn it on. Utter frustration. as you can actually not unblcok it without the help of another vacuum cleaner. We were therefore using our old dyson to unblcok the vaxx. grin

Fortunately my ds1 had seen the cleaner in his school use a Henry and he managed to convince dh (and me) that Henrys are great. We now own one and are going to throw out the vaxx.

NanaB2010 Sun 12-Jun-11 08:42:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

hobnob Sat 18-Jun-11 23:07:11

Henry! I've had mine for over 20 years and it's still going strong.

dikkertjedap Sat 18-Jun-11 23:13:40

Dyson is brilliant for carpets/rugs. Can scratch wooden floors. Nightmare to vacuum under beds etc.

beatrixkitto Mon 20-Jun-11 21:55:55

as a cleaner i would say a henry is the best. i have used vax/dyson/bissell and none are as good as me ol' mate henry!

varicoseveined Wed 12-Oct-11 12:45:47

I got the Henry and am very happy with it indeed grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now