Talk

Advanced search

HELP! I just put a whole toilet roll through the washing machine!

(9 Posts)
MummyBeth Sun 19-Dec-10 19:34:55

Eek - any ideas on how to remove toilet roll from clothes after it's been in the wash?

As the title suggests this was more than just a rogue tissue in a pocket! blush

paarrp Sun 19-Dec-10 19:37:12

eek - no idea - it is going to take a long time though so you are going to need suitable refreshments

you might need to run your washing machine on an empty wash to ensure all the bits are long gone

MrsChemistrySetInMyStocking Sun 19-Dec-10 19:38:39

You might need many of those hair remover roller things.

ChocolateMoose Sun 19-Dec-10 19:39:31

My suggestion:
Dry well
Shake outside
Get someone else to hold the clothes while you hoover them

Good luck!

Shipscat Sun 19-Dec-10 19:45:05

Tumble drying usually gets most tissue bits off. If it's any consolation, I put my iPhone in the washing machine yesterday [stupid woman emoticon]

MummyBeth Sun 19-Dec-10 20:03:19

Thanks for the advice - can't believe how silly I was!

InkyStamp Sun 19-Dec-10 20:15:32

Can I ask how??? grin

MummyBeth Sun 19-Dec-10 20:56:43

hee hee of course!

Like all disasters it comes from trying to save time by doing something clever to save time!

I had gathered up all the laundry from upstairs and thought 'oh the downstairs toilet might need new toilet paper soon, I'll throw a roll into the basket and that will save me a trip!'

I promptly forgot about it, sorted the laundry and it somehow got mixed up with the dark wash - disaster!!

shinyshoesandglitterypoos Sun 19-Dec-10 21:00:05

<snigger>

DON'T PUT IT IN THE TUMBLE DRIER - paper has this nasty habit of catching fire when hot!

Personally I'd shake out each item of clothing, pick out what I could, then wash it again with a towel in the wash which will grab most of the rest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: