Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommned a decent toaster?

(10 Posts)
sharbie Wed 17-Nov-10 17:39:37

Mum and dad would like one for christmas.
(I know exciting). smile
They are not fussed about toasting 4 slices at once but they want a sturdy/reliable type.
I don't mind spending but they will be a bit hmm if it costs more than £30 as they would expect it to clean the kitchen and do the laundry for that.

peachybums Wed 17-Nov-10 20:42:29

not cheapo morphy richards from tesco the flipping thing lets out blue sparks every time the toast pops up pmsl shock

The3Bears Wed 17-Nov-10 20:44:53

We had a morphy richards set, the toaster and kettle half price £30 from argos on offer every year at this price. When we first moved in toghether it was great for the price and looked really nice

sharbie Wed 17-Nov-10 22:03:02

thanks but now i am confused smile

have had blue sparks from tesco cheapie before too

Beamur Wed 17-Nov-10 22:06:06

Having got through many toasters, we bought the cheap end Dualit several years ago - about £40-50 maybe, but it is a really reliable and well made. I'd recommend it.

sharbie Wed 17-Nov-10 22:10:13

thanks i was wondering about those, didn't know they made a cheaper model. i might go for that.

sharbie Wed 17-Nov-10 22:55:23

cheapest dualit on line i can see is £60.gah.

shodatin Thu 18-Nov-10 00:12:06

I see mine's made by Haden; never been any problem and not expensive either, but actually I bought it shopping locally and just liked the design.

Mooos Thu 18-Nov-10 02:34:22

I bought this one - and love it [http://www.appliancist.com/toasters/bosch-private -collection-compact-toaster.html]

Mooos Thu 18-Nov-10 02:34:51

oops www.appliancist.com/toasters/bosch-private-collect ion-compact-toaster.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now