Talk

Advanced search

French & Spanish revision help

(7 Posts)
Sonnet Thu 16-May-13 19:30:49

I would appreciate any tips or advice please...
I have a slightly dyslexic dd who wants me to help her with her French and Spanish revision. I do not have any knowledge of either....

I feel quite confident with helping her with oral as she has the questions and answers and therefore has to learn them

How do I help with reading, listening and writing. She has vocabulary lists for both.

Please can I have an idiots guide to helping her?

biglill Thu 16-May-13 19:39:00

Go on to her exam board website eg AQA. There will be sample papers and practice questions she can have a go at.

Look at newspaper websites eg www.lemonde.fr and get her to try to read some of the articles for gist

Just take her exercise/vocab book and quiz her on vocab in there, any vocab she gets wrong, make a new list and test her again repeatedly until she gets it right.

Good luck to her, I am a French Teacher on maternity leave so keep worrying about how the students are getting on!

Sonnet Thu 16-May-13 19:42:09

thank you Biglill but I should have said she is year 7!

agreenmouse Sat 18-May-13 22:48:17

She might like to explore the free listening resources in French and Spanish on A Green Mouse. I have a blog here and I am a partner on TES.

Numberlock Sat 18-May-13 22:58:45

Try BBC bitesize.

Sonnet Sun 19-May-13 08:17:23

Thank you both!

mccandjt Mon 20-May-13 14:23:30

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now