Talk

Advanced search

What colour bedding/curtains with this wallpaper?!

(13 Posts)
SybilsLeaves Sun 30-Apr-17 07:39:55

Help MN massive - just moved into new rented place and want to buy some nice, grown up bedding and curtains to replace my 10 years old university bedding blush

Had high hopes of getting into the mustard/grey trend, but the wallpaper is as attached and I don't think it will work. The flower patterns have a sort of metallic sheen, in case that doesn't show up on the photo, and floor is very dark real wood. Any thoughts on colours I should be looking for? Tia!

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Sun 30-Apr-17 07:56:20

Personally I think crisp white bedding and curtains would look lovely and fresh, though I appreciate that idea may fill you with boredom grin

JT05 Sun 30-Apr-17 08:12:22

Zingy lime green/ citrus yellow.

SybilsLeaves Sun 30-Apr-17 09:01:41

I do like the thought of bright, crisp white sheets...but I have a 2 year old and a semi long haired black fluffy cat grin

Zingy could work though! As in all over green / yellow, or toned down with some neutrals?

Bluntness100 Sun 30-Apr-17 09:05:23

I'd also do white, just keep the cat off the bed...😁

SybilsLeaves Sun 30-Apr-17 09:05:30

I'm hankering after something like this: www.dunelm.com/product/elements-sunflower-yellow-bed-linen-collection-b02767

Not sure the grey will work though?

SybilsLeaves Sun 30-Apr-17 09:06:24

Ha Bluntness, this cat cannot be kept off anything!

Joinourclub Sun 30-Apr-17 09:07:13

White and lavender.

I'd go for http://www.dunelm.com/product/duck-egg-olivia-bedlinen-collection-b02407 this]

TealStar Sun 30-Apr-17 09:31:21

Dark grey (if you won't go for white) linen would be lovely, but expensive...

OneShotFinch Sun 30-Apr-17 10:01:02

It's hard to tell the exact colours in the paper from the photo, but I'm thinking a dark grey would look really nice!

SybilsLeaves Sun 30-Apr-17 10:57:37

Hmm interesting - something grey like this? www.soakandsleep.com/100-pure-french-linen-bundle-charcoal-grey-1-duvet-cover-1-sheet-2-pillowcases-3.html

With maybe a couple of white pillowcases (4 pillows in total) and a jazzy lime green throw..? Feels like it needs quite a strong colour as otherwise it's all a bit meh - have a light duck egg on the bed at the mo that looks almost bland confused

UndercoverSheets Tue 16-May-17 12:11:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now