Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Valspar v300 or dulux easy care?

(8 Posts)
Justgotosleepnow Fri 21-Apr-17 15:29:50

Anyone know what the paint quality is like, to compare these 2 brands?

I've chosen an exceedingly similar colour of each. Valspar silk in Sleeping Inn, and Dulux Polished pebble.

And is it crazy to paint the ceiling the same colour? It's for a 4yo bedroom.

I can't decide!

totallynewname Fri 21-Apr-17 15:37:22

I work in a decorating shop and in my experience branded paints like Valspar aren't great

Go for dulux or even better Johnstones. It's what all our professional decorater customers use. It doesn't matter which brand the colour belongs to, take the swatch along and they'll match it

totallynewname Fri 21-Apr-17 15:39:34

Also I wouldn't advise painting the ceiling the same colour as it makes the room seem small if you see what I mean, but it won't look awful

Justgotosleepnow Fri 21-Apr-17 15:39:49

Thanks totally

Justgotosleepnow Fri 21-Apr-17 22:29:29

Yes, have decided to paint the ceiling in white. Gone for valspar coz I liked the finish of the tester and the colour was lovely. Hope it will be ok

NotStoppedAllDay Fri 21-Apr-17 22:31:07

Valspar v700 is the better one

Far superior to dulux. And is scrubbable

namechangedtoday15 Sat 22-Apr-17 10:54:30

Do a google search for reviews of Valspar paint if you haven't bought it already. Its dreadful.

Lesley1980 Thu 27-Apr-17 08:38:23

I used Valspar in my bathroom & it took 5 coats. It could do with more but I can't be bothered & the painter left after 3. He used Dulux in the bedroom & it only took 2 coats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now