Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What colour to go with chocolate brown sofas

(10 Posts)
livvylongpants Sun 01-Jan-17 12:21:42

Afternoon all!

So I am literally the worst at decorating and matching colours etc.

So our living room needs doing, we will be having a wood floor. The only sofas I've seen that I like and tick the boxes for what I need are a chocolate brown colour. However now I'm stuck for ideas for wallpaper, curtains, lamps. As no idea what colours really go! We have a cream sideboard with wooden top and a table the same colour as the top with chairs with cream covers.

Want to avoid too much more cream as I have 3 kids aged 5 and under shudders

Olecranon Sun 01-Jan-17 16:12:39

Just walnut from dulux is a nice neutral greige.

Gingernaut Sun 01-Jan-17 16:13:57

Orange, for that 70s vibe?

MrsMuddlePluck Sun 01-Jan-17 16:15:17

Soft blue goes well with chocolate as does a soft pink.

slinkysaluki Sun 01-Jan-17 19:58:32

Duck egg is nice with brown

ggirl Sun 01-Jan-17 23:24:05

pale blue walls will look great

keep the tones warm when adding things to the room , so avoid cold metals like steel and use brass/bronze tones instead

MerryMarigold Sun 01-Jan-17 23:28:17

Great advice. I also love blues with dark brown, also sage greens. I think copper bits would add a bit of colour and liveliness.

SarahS2404 Sun 01-Jan-17 23:48:31

We have the same colour sofa. We have a lot of red (curtains, cushions) and then red & black flowers(artificial) as we have quite a big room.

Otherwise I'd suggest a page green or a deep purple. As family member have had that and looks lovely!

slinkysaluki Mon 02-Jan-17 08:43:04

Burnt orange is nice with brown you could keep walls neutral and have coloured cushions etc

ChishandFips33 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:47:16

Keep walls neutral and add colour through soft furnishings
Shades/textures of
Plum
Teal
Petrol blue
Duck egg blue
Mustard
Grey??
Not all together though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now