Talk

Advanced search

Please please please help me find a matching paint colour?!

(6 Posts)
Nakupenda Fri 09-Sep-16 15:34:32

I'm hopeless at decorating, truly terrible.
I've moved 3 times in the space of 2 years and well and truly buggered up the decorating in my first 2 houses. This house is the blank canvas house.

I have decided on the linked wallpaper for my livingroom, and will accompany it with burnt orange accessories and a nice rug etc, but I can't figure out what kind of colour to paint the other 3 walls...?

A Dulux Once colour would be preferable as I hate having to paint and would prefer to do it all in one go!

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/superfresco-texture-poppy-wallpaper---burnt-orange-and-cream-565276

wowfudge Fri 09-Sep-16 18:44:30

Match the paint to the main background colour if the paper. As the paper is from Homebase, I'd go into a store and ask for some assistance.

Scribblegirl Fri 09-Sep-16 18:47:30

I'd personally go with magnolia for that. You could always do as fudge suggests, but take it one further and take a wallpaper sample to one of those places that makes up a paint of the same colour? Too matchy for me but if you like that it could really work smile

atticusclaw2 Fri 09-Sep-16 18:51:27

I'd also colour match the background. Home base will do it for you when you buy the paper.

Nakupenda Fri 09-Sep-16 18:53:19

Thanks so much guys!!

sentia Fri 09-Sep-16 19:19:12

Natural hessian or timeless white perhaps? I wouldn't colour match exactly, you'll potentially have huge trouble getting a match again if you need to get more paint (bitter experience).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now