Talk

Advanced search

Headboard cover

(6 Posts)
lovelybangers Sun 24-Jul-16 12:08:40

Hi

Our headboard is looking grubby. I have tried to scrub it - but it seems that DH's oily head has stained it. Eurgh..

Anyone know anything about headboard covers ? I am in the mood for a change of colour scheme in there anyway (currently a beige colour headboard) so it could be a good way to make a start on that.

I am not v handy with a sewing machine - but guess I could rope in DM wink Or can just buy something.

scurryfunge Sun 24-Jul-16 12:11:47

Could yo cover it with wadding and fabric on top of that and then staple the fabric? No need for sewing.

lovelybangers Sun 24-Jul-16 12:13:26

Good idea scurry Thanks

Sounds easier than sewing smile

scurryfunge Sun 24-Jul-16 12:15:57

Staple guns are quite cheap in places like B and M. If you want to make it really cheap, try to find material in charity shops. I've had some good finds lately.

dudsville Sun 24-Jul-16 12:17:37

If you do have access to a sewing machine it really is straight forward - I made one for mine. I found a cheap sale wool blanket in a nice weave and mix of colours, It wasn't wide enough so I added some matching fabric to make ends... Actually sounds like a big job but it was only a little more tedious because the original fabric wasn't big enough - easily solved.

lovelybangers Sun 24-Jul-16 12:19:18

Brilliant.

I will measure up and get shopping

Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now