Advanced search

What would you call this and where could I find it?

(11 Posts)
ihatethecold Thu 04-Feb-16 15:02:22

I've seen this inOliver Bonas and would like it or something similar.
This one is about £150.
Way too expensive for what it is.
I've tried googling but I don't know what it's called.
I would also be happy to make one if I could find the wooden boxes.

NappyValleyHippyCrack Thu 04-Feb-16 15:07:50

A book case, on its side.
IKEA for a cheap billy bookcase and line the inside with wallpapers/vinyl wrap/sticky back plastic?

frillyfairylights Thu 04-Feb-16 15:11:01

Home sense often have things like this but it is completely random as to what you might find there each day. So it would just be a case of visiting and hoping you can find something similar.
I would maybe call it a wall unit or cabinet or search for upcycled things on eBay. If you want to make it yourself maybe free cycle might have some odd bits you could use?

ANiceSliceOfCake Thu 04-Feb-16 15:13:24

I saw one in BHS like that recently.

djini Thu 04-Feb-16 15:23:25

If the compartments are small, it might be a printers tray (or drawer) shelf. If bigger, sometimes called a compartment shadow box or box display shelf.

Tiger has smallish cheap ones eg

I've seen them in urban outfitters before too.

ihatethecold Thu 04-Feb-16 15:23:39

really, was it expensive Cake?

ihatethecold Thu 04-Feb-16 15:26:03

We don't have one of those in my local tiger store .
I have been in there recently looking for just that.

ihatethecold Thu 04-Feb-16 15:33:13

I can't find anything on the Bhs website

djini Thu 04-Feb-16 15:35:46

djini Thu 04-Feb-16 15:36:21

Searched on google for "bhs display shelf"

ihatethecold Thu 04-Feb-16 15:55:02

Thanks djini
its out of stock sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now