Alternative tile inspiration?

(9 Posts)
wowfudge Wed 17-Jun-15 23:44:17

I've gone and fallen in love with some tiles we just can't afford, even though they are on offer at 15% off - Attingham from Topps Tiles in Old White; size is 15x40. We have just shy of 20 square metres to have filed.

The picture doesn't do them justice - glossy finish with some colour variation and in the perfect cream colour.

So wise MNetters, can anyone tell me where I can find something similar for £30 psm or less? I really would like the larger format rather than standard metro tile dimensions.

itsmummynotmum Thu 18-Jun-15 13:47:14

Hi, I don't think you will get cheaper that Topps Tiles tbh? Have to say, we looked everywhere for new kitchen tiles - ended up getting a plasterer to skim over where the old ones came off, added an upstand and painted the area to match the rest of the walls, with perfect results, very clean and so pleased we did (but may not be what you were looking for!)

wowfudge Thu 18-Jun-15 19:16:05

Well at £53psm they push the job over budget by £500! I'm just looking for something similar - Topps don't have an alternative I like.

ArtyBat Thu 18-Jun-15 19:34:49

Op - have they got to be the size you specified?

I ask as found these......

www.crowntiles.co.uk › Wall Tiles

www.wallsandfloors.co.uk › Wall Tiles › Metro 200x100 Tiles

Would they be of any use?

wowfudge Thu 18-Jun-15 23:27:34

Arty - thank you for these. I remembered Tons of Tiles earlier - all three companies have things which look very similar to my pricey choice, but around the £30psm mark.

LovelyBranches Fri 19-Jun-15 22:47:01

Do you have tesco vouchers? You can convert them to take money off in topps tiles?

I've just bought tiles much much cheaper than that, I went to my local industrial park where there's an independent tiling place, much cheaper. Do you gave anything like that locally?

wowfudge Sat 20-Jun-15 08:02:09

I don't have Tesco vouchers as I don't shop there plus I would need £500 worth of discount to make them affordable!

Yes, I can try other tile places too - just limited on time. I've ordered samples from ToT and Wallsandfloors.

wowfudge Fri 03-Jul-15 15:41:45

Update and a big thank you to Arty. One of the samples I ordered from wallsandfloors is the same tile as the Topps one, albeit in a slightly smaller size. I contacted the manufacturer today and can buy direct from them, working out at £30psm including the delivery charge. This is over £100 cheaper than wallsandfloors and a whopping £437 cheaper than Topps.

ArtyBat Sun 05-Jul-15 16:09:51

Hey wowfudge, thanks for the update, and what a result! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now