Talk

Advanced search

Carpet cleaners....

(7 Posts)
Feminine Sun 11-Jan-15 12:59:39

A house we are thinking of moving to, has had carpets down for just 4 years. They are really stained unfortunately. We can't afford to replace yet, so thought a professional clean would make a difference? Is it worth it? smile thanks.

wowfudge Sun 11-Jan-15 13:10:16

Yes - if you are worried about the cost of a professionl clean, hire a Rugdoctor for a weekend and see how they come up. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Feminine Sun 11-Jan-15 13:41:04

That sounds a good idea. Thank you. My husband suggested that too, but l thought a professional might be better.
I think it would be worth going with hiring one... It can't make it any worse. That us for sure. I honestly can't understand how a carpet (down for just four years) could look so dire. grin

wowfudge Sun 11-Jan-15 20:29:00

Having had an old, sick pet - I can! Some people just don't know that you clean spills up either. Yuck.

Feminine Mon 12-Jan-15 11:07:07

Yup, yuck. Lol.

mandy214 Mon 12-Jan-15 13:54:08

Do you have a local facebook page for buying / selling / area recommendations? I would ask if anyone can recommend anyone. I have tried the Rugdoctor and thought, personally, it was a complete waste of money. We have flyers pushed through quite regularly for professional cleaners and for the difference in price, I'd try that every time. Good luck.

Feminine Mon 12-Jan-15 14:16:30

Thank you Mandy, yes we do. Good idea. I know that sometimes it doesn't work out much more expensive. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now