Talk

Advanced search

Moroccan tiled bathroom floor

(4 Posts)
areyoutheregoditsmemargaret Wed 19-Nov-14 09:49:47

We're having a super-manky bathroom done up after about 25 years. Right now it has disgusting vinyl flooring. Recently, I stayed in a super-cool flat in Paris with coloured, Moroccany type tiles and I'm thinking of putting in those with white-tiled walls.

Is this a bad idea, am I conning myself we are super-cool Parisians when actually there are problems I can't foresee? If it's a good idea, can anyone recommend a good stockist?

I know it's not cheap, but it's a small room and I'd cut corners on other things to do this.

silversixpence Thu 20-Nov-14 09:34:45

Fired Earth have some lovely moroccan style tiles, but they are definitely not cheap! A friend had some copied by a place called Milagros on Columbia road in London but they didn't have as nice a finish as the Fired Earth tiles. I was considering getting coloured encaustic tiles for my kitchen - I ordered samples from Best Tile.

areyoutheregoditsmemargaret Fri 21-Nov-14 09:03:06

I am tempted by going for broke on Fired Earth, in hindsight I always regret not splashing out on the house. Good to know copies aren't so good. Thanks

bigbutsrus1 Fri 21-Nov-14 17:33:51

Check out tons of tiles. I was recommended them on here, as a cheaper fired earth alternative. They are great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now