Talk

Advanced search

I need a hall/stair carpet practical but looks good - help

(4 Posts)
Chumhum Thu 13-Nov-14 17:46:06

We are doing our hall, stairs and landing in our Victorian house. The plan is to paint it all white and for the 'big' walls to be full of paintings/pictures. I'm struggling with the carpet choice, I know from experience that a darker colour shows every speck of fluff but am not sure about a very light carpet with three teens and a couple of dogs. I could be persuaded to go light if I could be sure it'd be easy to clean but I don't want that shiny look you get with man made carpets. I'd be prepared to go for a pattern but not the pub carpet look. Our taste is modern/mid century/eclectic. Any ideas?

bestbefore Thu 13-Nov-14 17:50:15

stripes?
like these
www.allfloorsexpress.co.uk/carpet-c3/striped-c29

We have the purply one going up our stairs (stripe goes up) and it looks really good I think!

Monica101 Fri 14-Nov-14 14:36:03

Brintons do some fabulous mid century style carpets. It depends on your budget though, as they are quite expensive.

I am looking for a carpet for my hall at the moment, with cost and practicality taken into account I'm going for a flecked carpet as won't show bits too much. In a neutral grey or brown - I'm choosing out of this exciting array at John Lewis grin

Misty9 Mon 24-Nov-14 18:08:41

We've got this (main picture showing cashew colour) in our hallway stairs and landing and it's wearing really well after a year and looks great. Gets lots of positive comments smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now