Talk

Advanced search

University of Highlands and Islands?

(8 Posts)
Bendelacreme Sun 11-Feb-18 15:26:20

Does anyone know anyone that went or what it's like? I can't find any info on it.

MrsJayy Sun 11-Feb-18 15:29:49

My Dd went to UHI what do you want to know? She went to Perth

Bendelacreme Sun 11-Feb-18 15:37:56

Is it mainly done by distance learning? It's a different location but under the same thing so I can't imagine it being too different- she's looking at Argyll.

MrsJayy Sun 11-Feb-18 15:49:01

It is classed as learning centres I think so they will go as normal depending on the course

MrsJayy Sun 11-Feb-18 15:51:08

Urgh sorry I meant the would physically go in to do their hours so it would probably be a college your dd would go to,

Bendelacreme Sun 11-Feb-18 16:16:46

But was it all on Skype?

MrsJayy Sun 11-Feb-18 16:19:34

No she did a vocational sound engineering degree so went to perth college

LittleCandle Sun 11-Feb-18 16:49:42

DD2 had a conditional for there and we went for a look-see to Inverness. It was still in the old college buildings at that point, but I believe it is now into the new campus. I was very impressed with their pastoral care. The downside then was that there were no halls, but again, I believe that has changed. This was almost 5 years ago. It had a great atmosphere and as a new university, there was a lot of life and a great feeling about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: