Talk

Advanced search

Any lecturers out there?

(5 Posts)
OsmosisBanana Fri 21-Oct-11 09:40:55

Hi,

Doing an MSc and have a query about the level of answer I have given to a question....

Fanks

Meita Fri 21-Oct-11 10:48:10

Hi, it would probably help if you'd say what subject you're doing. These things tend to vary widely.

OsmosisBanana Fri 21-Oct-11 19:12:03

True, didn't want to scare people off, hoped the MSc was an indication but yeah I guess Nutrition is somewhat different to string theory! It;s Nutrition, not string theory btw blush

kritur Fri 21-Oct-11 20:25:51

Sorry, I'm chemistry so probably not much help!

OsmosisBanana Sat 22-Oct-11 08:15:55

Well...... It's a research methods question so fairly generic. The question is as follows: Explain the importance of replication of studies in research. I am assuming that given this is MSc level and not UG level they don't want me to go into much detail about why replication is actually important in it's basic form in research but more of the critical analysis side of things that undermine it's validity such as difficulties of genuine replication / identification of all covariates and then misinformation from pharmaceutical co's. I only have 200 words to answer it!

Sorry for the jibber jabber, any guidance gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now