Talk

Advanced search

When applying for GTP or PGCE fo you need actual exam certificates?

(9 Posts)
PippiLongBottom Thu 25-Aug-11 16:58:11

I had no idea that it would be £30 for a replacement GCSE certificate. Somewhere in the past 20 years I have lost them. Do I need the physical certificates to apply?

There is plenty of time, I'm just wondering in advance.

Thanks

PippiLongBottom Thu 25-Aug-11 17:14:26

*DO you need certificates? Grrrr.

rainbowinthesky Thu 25-Aug-11 17:16:28

I had to present my certificates before starting my pgce 10 years ago and have had to produce them again for some reason about 4 years ago whilst teaching.

PippiLongBottom Thu 25-Aug-11 17:25:01

That's useful, thanks. Does it matter about my A levels do you think or just my maths and english GCSE's?

cricketballs Thu 25-Aug-11 18:21:43

every new job (teaching) I have had I have had to present my certificates for all qualifications that I stated on application form from GCSEs upwards

PippiLongBottom Sun 28-Aug-11 12:42:52

Thank you. I have absolutely no idea which exam board my A level was with. I did it part time. I'll have to ring the college.

pippitysqueakity Sun 28-Aug-11 12:46:11

TBH, have often been asked to bring them/make them available, but no one has ever looked at them!

Fletch107 Fri 02-Sep-11 06:53:55

I've lost mine to. Not wanting to/not being able to afford to pay £30 each to replace them I got my old secondary school to send me a letter confirming my results. This was fine when I started my PGCE. My first teaching post haven't asked to see them

BoattoBolivia Fri 02-Sep-11 07:13:29

I have just got a new job and was asked to show all my certificates, o level, a level, degree and PGCE. I did my o levels in 1986!!! I have been teaching since 1994. They took them all to photocopy and keep in my file, for safeguarding I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now