Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone worked as a mystery shopper or online survey taker?

(7 Posts)
used2bthin Sun 08-Nov-09 22:05:26

I'm looking for something I can do for a bit of extra cash but very limited with hours I could work. I looked into cold calling for a charity but think it may be commission based and would prefer something with a set income each month. This only needs to be about £50 though.

I know that mystery shopping and oline survey taking wouldnt be set incomes but am trying to look at my options a bit. just almost signed up to an agency for mystery shopping but it wanted a joining fee and I was a bt suspicious. Any other ideas gratefully recieved! Thanks!

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 08-Nov-09 22:07:35

I do mystery shopping but its not an income more a perk you get stuff for free. It is with a company called focus sales marketing and we pay no sign up fee. Dh does it for another company - will ask name but he mainly does mail order type things like arco and likes.

IdrisTheDragon Sun 08-Nov-09 22:18:49

I do mystery shopping for grassroots. I seem to be doing quite a few banking ones at the moment - you get paid for going to banks, doing some transactions and then completing questionnaires about it. Have made about £100 in the past 6 weeks which is good.

I have looked at some other ones but one was wanting you to do some sort of test to accredit yourself and which you needed to pay for so I didn't go any further with that one.

I also do online surveys - I do ones for lightspeed and valued opinions. They don't pay much but it is nice to get a bit of paypal or amazon voucher every now and again.

used2bthin Sun 08-Nov-09 22:25:51

Thank you I will look into all of those companies thats great. I take it you can choose your hours and fit it in with having a child/children ok?

Hulababy Sun 08-Nov-09 22:26:37

I did mystery shopping for Lush for a while. You didn't get paid in cash though - was £25 worth of Lush vouchers per shop IIRR.

Had done some online surveys but they pay very poorly.

IdrisTheDragon Sun 08-Nov-09 22:28:33

When I do the bank ones I generally do them when DD is at pre-school. I could take her with me though. You get to say when you can do them within reason.

used2bthin Sun 08-Nov-09 22:33:48

Thanks maybe I should wait till DD in pre school in january. I am worried about tax credits confusion if its different amounts all the time too. Is that a problem for anyone else? Would I be doing tax credit paperwork every time I made £10 or does it not work like that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now