Talk

Advanced search

Part time job

(4 Posts)
youcannotbeserious Sun 10-Aug-08 09:36:36

Looking for suggestions here:

Have decided to train as a teacher, starting in September 09.

However, I want DS to start external childcare at the end of this year, just a few hours per week, to get us both used to the idea... (I'm on my own with him so we spend 100% of our time together)

So, I'd like a job that I could do 1 day a week or something part time, that I could do while DS was at nursery / CM.........

What are my options? Or am I better off just volunteering in a charity shop (and therefore could choose my own hours???) I'd like to earn some money, but it's not essential....

Ideas would be gratefully received!! smile

Janni Sun 10-Aug-08 15:40:15

Do you already have a place on a teacher training course? If not, it would be really good for you to get some experience eg volunteering in a school to help children with reading etc.

Whatever you choose, that time is precious, so I would make it something that you will love or that will help you in your career (preferably both!), rather than something that just keeps you busy.

dinkyboysmum Tue 12-Aug-08 21:10:16

i agree...when it comes to actually getting a teaching job, the more experience the better too.
i did supply teaching work whilst at university. register with an agency as a 'student teacher' (schools will often jump to get you for the day as you're much cheaper than a 'qualified' teacher!). i used to get £90 a day, that was 6 years ago now. you also get to go home at 3.30!

youcannotbeserious Wed 13-Aug-08 06:25:10

Thanks - Will check out that Student teacher' idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now