Talk

Advanced search

Recession proof jobs?

(3 Posts)
Booksandpens Wed 13-Mar-19 16:48:20

I’ve got another thread going on about working from home, but if that option falls flat, I need to find a job as an employee. I’ve been a SAHM for years now, and my only job experience is in retail, and I’d rather not go back to that (especially as more and more shops are closing).

I may be able to train as something else, but what training would you suggest that is in high demand (I’m not talking degree level as I can’t afford the fees)? Or should I try finding work through a temping agency first?

mrsdaz Wed 13-Mar-19 22:06:29

Lots of mental health issues affecting children and adults. More schools are recruiting pastoral support assistants to help with behaviour and mental illness in schools - if that’s an area of interest there are lots of free courses online if you google free cache level 2 courses.

Booksandpens Thu 14-Mar-19 05:09:03

Thanks! It's not something I'd ever thought about/considered, so I'll check out the courses to see if it's an area I can see myself working in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »