Talk

Advanced search

What do I do? At my wits end now 😩

(3 Posts)
Binkyboo16 Tue 20-Jun-17 19:47:47

Hey all I could really do with some advice if anyone has any ideas or has been in a similar situation?

I'm due to return to work in 2 weeks after 9months maternity leave. Me and my partner both work for the same company and are both supervisors, I was a trainee supervisor from April last year, my partner got his promotion in January.
Due to paperwork issues and lapse ruling I ended up going on maternity as a trainee supervisor in October, however I received an email in December saying I had received the promotion (without completion of my paperwork) but they had reduced my hours from 24 to 16. At the time I didn't think anything of it but on reading my rights surely they can't change my contract whilst I'm on maternity leave anyway?
Anyway, my partner received his promotion in January completed his paperwork etc and was signed off. We have had a new manager and area manager and within the last 2 weeks I've been told I cannot return to my store as a supervisor as my partner is now a supervisor and this won't be allowed. I was advised I can go to another store nearly 20 miles away as a supervisor or I take a demotion to stay at my local store. I accepted the offer of another store to keep my position but as both stores start at early times before childcare would be available so would need flexible hours. Ive not received a proper answer yet but it's being hinted that I now won't be able to go to the other store. I'm supposed to go back in 2 weeks time and now feel at my wits end without knowing what I'm returning to. Can they legally do this or am I just going to be stuck with whatever decision they come to? Would I be better looking for alternative work?
Any advice would be really welcome! Xx

OP’s posts: |
redphonebox Wed 21-Jun-17 08:46:42

I don't know enough about employment law to know if that's illegal, but it definitely doesn't sound right. Do you have a union? Could you speak to ACAS or CAB?

Binkyboo16 Wed 21-Jun-17 18:37:25

I thought it didn't sound right either :/ I was going to give acas a call but thought I would ask here first, I could be completely wrong and they could offer me the other store, so I don't want to waste anyone's time if that is the eventual outcome.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in