Talk

Advanced search

Sharing here because I don't want to be accused of stealth boasting

(9 Posts)
Fuzzymum1 Wed 05-Mar-14 20:54:06

In fact I guess it's a boast with no stealth at all!

I'm so proud of all my kids - DS1 is getting top marks in his Uni group, DS2 has just been accepted into sixth form to study maths, further maths, physics and chemistry and is predicted 13 GCSEs with 12 of them at B or above. DS3's teacher and HT told me today that (aged 7) is being put on the G&T register for his creative writing. He is using quite advanced punctuation (like brackets) correctly and his use of language is very mature.

natellie1970 Thu 06-Mar-14 05:52:48

Boast away if you can't boast on here where can you (though I've noticed there are lots of negativity on here) your dc sound amazing.

nonicknameseemsavailable Thu 06-Mar-14 11:20:00

wonderful

FuckyNell Thu 06-Mar-14 11:37:29

Well done your dc!

Proud myself actually, my dd got an A in her history mock A level. I know it's not the real thing, but still grin

HerrenaHarridan Thu 06-Mar-14 12:20:53

Wow that's great! It's nice to hear people sharing positive things about their Dc smile

ZanyMobster Thu 06-Mar-14 14:58:05

Well done to your DCs. There is a lot of negativity even on this board but sometimes you need somewhere to share your DCs achievements when you can't in RL.

richmal Fri 07-Mar-14 08:17:31

It seems that if a child is good at sport, everyone congratulates them, but being good at academic things is when the negative comments start. So well done to your children and well done to being proud of them.

I'd just like to mention, I'm so pleased that dd, aged 10, got gold in the Intermediate Maths Challenge, but I've hardly anyone I can mention this to. (The thousands of people on MN excepted)

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 07-Mar-14 08:19:01

We'll done to your dc!!!

How proud you must be smile

Fuzzymum1 Fri 07-Mar-14 09:12:53

Thank you, I am extremely proud of them all. DH, the older boys and I are all much more maths and science oriented. But while ds3 is good at maths it's his creative writing that he excells at. It's all a bit alien to me, lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now