Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD1 has a bad cough and keeps being sick at night

(4 Posts)
sparklymieow Tue 09-Aug-05 00:03:07

Is there a virus going round? She seems ok in herself, a bit off colour and a slight temp. Don't want to take her to the GP if it only needs calpol.

bobbybob Tue 09-Aug-05 07:10:55

My ds had croup 7 weeks ago, then got a cold, then got flu. The cough is now constant and I am amazed he doesn't make himself sick with it more. You have my sympathy - but I would get her throat, ears etc. checked just to be reassured.

tatt Tue 09-Aug-05 07:49:06

been vaccinated recently? Could be whooping cough but if it is I doubt your gp will diagnose it. You'll probably be told its a virus and the sickness is due to post nasal drip. They suggest raising the head of the bed to reduce the risk of that. If its gone on more than a few days doesn't hurt to get her checked out.

sparklymieow Tue 09-Aug-05 11:27:03

she is 5, and has had all her jabs, she is ok in herself, and she was only sick once last night, I think she cough so hard it caused her to be sick, she isn't coughing as much now so she must be getting over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now