Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Period every 2 weeks - any ideas?

(8 Posts)
TracyK Mon 08-Aug-05 09:06:45

I was on hols with my friend last week and she told me that her period has been coming every 2 weeks for the past couple of months. She is v. worried that she has cancer!
She is on thyroxin for her thyroid glands - but she's been on that for about 5 years with no probs.
Any ideas for diag? she is going to see if she can get appt with GP.

Janbo25 Mon 08-Aug-05 09:07:57

is she on any form of contraception at the moment?

TracyK Mon 08-Aug-05 09:11:19

no - just abstinence I think - her hubby is away 4 nights a week and she's usually too tired/pissed off when he comes home for any sex!!

TracyK Mon 08-Aug-05 11:53:57

bump

MrsGordonRamsay Mon 08-Aug-05 11:55:20

How old is she ??

TracyK Mon 08-Aug-05 11:56:35

kama Mon 08-Aug-05 12:06:26

Message withdrawn

MrsGordonRamsay Mon 08-Aug-05 12:27:11

I had the same two week problem in February, it eventually settled down.

My periods have been very very heavy since DS was born 4 years ago, I thought it was as a result of the aspirin I am on for my heart, but seemingly not.

TMI alert I was filling a super tampax in an hour or less sometimes.

I have seen a Gynae, who recommended ….. guess what??? the Mirena coil, they are handing them out like snuff at a wake at the moment . I refused her kind offer , she had mentioned two other possibilities, which also didn’t appeal.

Tranxamic something or other acid, basically tablets or cauterisation of the lining of the womb(lovely)

So……… there was a tumbleweed moment after I turned down all her suggestions and then and only then did she mention the fact that I could have Microval in tablet form, which is the contraceptive in the mirena coil, and no need for a foreign body to be inserted into my nether regions. I am only on for about 15 days, so I am not in a position to say whether it has worked or not.

HTH

I am 41 BTW

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: