Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

painful shoulder

(6 Posts)
sallystrawberry Fri 08-Jul-05 00:15:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

potty1 Fri 08-Jul-05 09:11:26

Sally - you have my shoulder (and you can keep it!). It started in the middle of the night and has been like this for 6 months now - I can't do anything with it above shoulder height. Currently taking co-codamol as I can't have Ibuprofen and waiting for a physio appointment. Hope yours settle soon.

Chuffed Fri 08-Jul-05 14:08:43

see a doctor to get a referral as soon as possible. Physio can help but the sooner the better to be honest.

moondog Fri 08-Jul-05 14:16:22

sally,what I don't know about having a bad shoulder!! Been plagued on and off for nearly 5 years 9think lugging a baby round set if off).What has worked for me is an osteopath and 10 physio sessions (private as I couldn't wait but still the best £300 I've ever spent.) in which i was basically retaught how to stand,move nad so on. I have a repertoire of exercises i do religiously twice a day and am about 90% better.

(Mind was a chronic as opposed to acute condition however.)

sallystrawberry Fri 08-Jul-05 21:58:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 08-Jul-05 21:59:48

Iboprofen helps. As do prescription anti-inflammatories. But as others have said, physios do the most good.

Try to avoid any sudden movements with that arm, rest it (and your neck) as much as possible, to let it heal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: