Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump inside vagina (a bit embarassing)

(12 Posts)
PDRlovesbiscuits Sun 08-Nov-09 14:40:53

I have noticed a hard, pea sized lump inside my vagina, quite high up, central possibly a bit to the left side.

It is not painful to touch but I have been noticing an increase in my need to pee and I frequently feel the urge to pee but nothing once I get to the loo.

I may be imagining this but I also feel a small tingling down there (from inside) every minute or so, in waves. Not painful at all but annoying.

I will try to get an appointment with my GP tomorrow morning but as I am working in the afternoon I may not get one until Tuesday.

Does anyone know what this could be?

I have not noticed it before today after deciding to have a "rummage" after going to the loo for the umpteenth time!

I am only 24 and have been screened for STD/I's before, as has my husband.

corblimeymadam Sun 08-Nov-09 14:45:37

Message withdrawn

PDR Sun 08-Nov-09 14:49:54

No nothing like that here. We live in a small village. There is a GUM clinic 1 x per week in the town about 6 miles away but I think I can probably get in at the GP either tomo or Tuesday.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this...?

PDR Sun 08-Nov-09 14:52:38

I take it back, there is one is Exeter which is 1.5 hours away lol.

PDR Sun 08-Nov-09 17:23:56

bump or lump?!

TattyCatty Sun 08-Nov-09 17:37:12

Have you ever had an episiotomy or childbirth tear? Bit of a long shot, as I think that mine is quite an unusual case, but could be a stitch that hasn't dissolved? I'm currently going through hoops to get the same thing sorted after one was discovered a full three and a half years after having DD shock. The discomfort that I've been experiencing is similar in some ways to how you describe.

Anifrangapani Sun 08-Nov-09 17:38:53

I had one of those.... it was a cyst.. antibiotics cleared it in a few days.

me23 Sun 08-Nov-09 17:47:09

It could be a slight prolapse of the bladder? or urethra which would explain the urges to empty your bladder. www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/prolapse/prolsymp.html

www.patient.co.uk/health/Bartholin's-Cyst-and-Abscess.htm

PDR Sun 08-Nov-09 18:02:09

Thanks ladies, I will definately go to the docs to get it checked out.
Glad noone has mentioned the "c" word!

Tatty - I didn't have any tears/stitches when I had DS [thank god] - that sounds awful!

I have just told DH and forced him to confirm that there is indeed a lump but as it's quite high up I'm not sure I'd have noticed it before so it could easily have been there for a while...

PDR Sun 08-Nov-09 18:04:21

I don't think it can be a "Bartholin's cyst" as it's very high up but perhaps some other sort of cyst....

PDR Mon 09-Nov-09 10:28:58

Update I have been to see my GP and it is a prolapse.

The lump I could feel was my cervix blush obviously biology is not my strong point!

She asked me how many more DC I was planning and I said 1 or 2 and she said I would probably only be able to have 1 more then I would require surgery to sort it out.

I asked if it was just a small thing and she said no, the surgery would be quite complicated.

I asked what would happen if I got pregnant again after the surgery or had an accident or something and she said it would be ok, I'd just probably have to have a c-section.

I have booked a smear test for next week as well as it is due anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now