Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

feels like i have lumps in my throat

(7 Posts)
teatank Sun 01-Nov-09 11:49:39

hi my neck has swollen on one side and my throat feels like there are marble size lumps stuck in it. it is making me gag a bit. does anyone know what this could be or how to treat it. would appreciate any advice

Colonelcupcake Sun 01-Nov-09 12:01:08

My first impressions are either thyroid or swollen lymph nodes but best to be checked.

Is there any pain whilst swallowing or any other symptons does the lump hurt to be touched? Have you been in contact with anyone with mumps?

teatank Sun 01-Nov-09 12:03:35

yes there is pain while swallowing. i have been losing weight without going on diet so you could be right it could be my thyroid. thanks. i will try and see a doc tomorrow

Colonelcupcake Sun 01-Nov-09 12:15:21

Hope you feel better soon

teatank Sun 01-Nov-09 12:20:20

thanks colonelcupcake thats the strange thing i feel well in myself. its just a bit scarey having the sensation of something lodged in your throat.

bamboobutton Sun 01-Nov-09 12:22:08

do you ever cough up stinking creamy coloured balls?

i get a lumpy feeling in my throat and it turns out it's tonsil stones.

teatank Sun 01-Nov-09 12:33:04

no i am not getting anything like that banboobutton. i have never heard of tonsil stones it must be horrible for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now