Talk

Advanced search

Can you pull a stomach muscle just rolling over in bed ??

(10 Posts)
nutcracker Mon 13-Jun-05 12:15:23

Last night i was lying on my back in bed and I rolled over onto my side and had the most awful pain all down the side i had tried to roll on to.

It spread all across the front of my stomach and really hurt. After about 5 minutes the pain got a bit less but this morning it still really hurts to bend down or pick anything up.

Did i pull a muscle do you think ???

nutcracker Mon 13-Jun-05 12:38:00

anyone ?

SoupDragon Mon 13-Jun-05 12:40:53

I wrecked my knee sleeping once so yes,I would imagine you can strain a muscle simply turning over awkwardly.

jessicasmummy Mon 13-Jun-05 12:41:39

ill agree.... i thought i had done this the other day too. Wore off after a day or 2 though. Hope you feel better soon.

SoupDragon Mon 13-Jun-05 12:41:49

It should start to fade to that familiar pulled-muscle-achiness over the next day, otherwise I'd go to my GP.

nutcracker Mon 13-Jun-05 12:43:52

Ok, thanks, I must be so unfit

Iklboo Mon 13-Jun-05 12:48:42

Nutcracker - I did this too the other day and ending up hobbling downstairs for some painkillers. I'm 19wks PG so put it down to overstretching ligaments that are already under a bit of strain. It didn't half hurt though!

jessicasmummy Mon 13-Jun-05 12:50:24

oh yeah, im 21 weeks pg too.... maybe a pg thing?!

nutcracker Mon 13-Jun-05 16:18:22

Funny you should say that because thats what I thought when i did it. I only ever had it when pregnant before.

I'm not though so it must just be down to how unfit I am.

edodgy Mon 13-Jun-05 16:19:52

yep im putting up with the same pain at 16+1 weeks pregnant also did it with my first but later in pregnancy i hope it goes away!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: