Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you pull a stomach muscle just rolling over in bed ??

(10 Posts)
nutcracker Mon 13-Jun-05 12:15:23

Last night i was lying on my back in bed and I rolled over onto my side and had the most awful pain all down the side i had tried to roll on to.

It spread all across the front of my stomach and really hurt. After about 5 minutes the pain got a bit less but this morning it still really hurts to bend down or pick anything up.

Did i pull a muscle do you think ???

nutcracker Mon 13-Jun-05 12:38:00

anyone ?

SoupDragon Mon 13-Jun-05 12:40:53

I wrecked my knee sleeping once so yes,I would imagine you can strain a muscle simply turning over awkwardly.

jessicasmummy Mon 13-Jun-05 12:41:39

ill agree.... i thought i had done this the other day too. Wore off after a day or 2 though. Hope you feel better soon.

SoupDragon Mon 13-Jun-05 12:41:49

It should start to fade to that familiar pulled-muscle-achiness over the next day, otherwise I'd go to my GP.

nutcracker Mon 13-Jun-05 12:43:52

Ok, thanks, I must be so unfit

Iklboo Mon 13-Jun-05 12:48:42

Nutcracker - I did this too the other day and ending up hobbling downstairs for some painkillers. I'm 19wks PG so put it down to overstretching ligaments that are already under a bit of strain. It didn't half hurt though!

jessicasmummy Mon 13-Jun-05 12:50:24

oh yeah, im 21 weeks pg too.... maybe a pg thing?!

nutcracker Mon 13-Jun-05 16:18:22

Funny you should say that because thats what I thought when i did it. I only ever had it when pregnant before.

I'm not though so it must just be down to how unfit I am.

edodgy Mon 13-Jun-05 16:19:52

yep im putting up with the same pain at 16+1 weeks pregnant also did it with my first but later in pregnancy i hope it goes away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now