Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does a laparoscpy leave scaring?

(11 Posts)
ilovegarlic Wed 14-Oct-09 22:27:52

I know they make 3 x tiny incisions but wondering if it leaves scares?

MrsHappy Wed 14-Oct-09 22:32:30

In my case, yes. I have a purple blob about 1cm across on either side of my abdomen. The third cut was made through my belly button and the inside of that is a bit scarred too (although I doubt anyone but me would notice that one).

EccentricaGallumbats Wed 14-Oct-09 22:34:54

i've had 2. first one hasn't scarred. secod one the top hole just below the belly button got a bit infected and has scarred. not huge and i am never going to wear a bikini again but if i were to you would notice it.

littleducks Wed 14-Oct-09 22:38:31

i have a scar inside my belly button (which looks like an extra crease) which has ever so slightly mishapen belly button, if i wor a bikini you prob wouldnt notice unless up very close

ilovegarlic Wed 14-Oct-09 22:40:18

oh damn...I didnt get any stretch marks with ds even though I ballooned over 3 stone so always wear bikinis.

I do have an appendix scare which has faded quite a lot. Was hoping to avoid anymore scares - I know its very vain

ilovegarlic Wed 14-Oct-09 22:41:16

that should be scars!!

mummywoowoo Wed 14-Oct-09 22:47:40

yes.. but tiny ones. Had mine 5 years ago, and now have very small, and faint scars and like the OP a misshapen belly button but not so that you'd notice... Good luck

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 15-Oct-09 07:39:32

Have not had any scarring at all follow my lap op.

pleasechange Thu 15-Oct-09 07:45:43

one small one beside my belly button. nowhere near noticeable enough to stop wearing a bikini though

ADifferentMe Thu 15-Oct-09 09:58:21

I've had three, my bb now looks like a very tiny hot cross bun - I am extremely vain but it has never bothered me!

KurriKurri Thu 15-Oct-09 13:41:52

Mines a small v-shaped scar inside my bb. It used to be slightly visible, but now seems to have disappeared in a roll of flab muscle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now