Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What could be causing nausea when not pregnant?

(8 Posts)
allaboutme Fri 18-Sep-09 10:03:54

For a couple of months now I have been feeling nauseous on and off. Its worse in the mornings when I've just woken up (not every morning though, its on and off) but I've had 3 periods during the last 2 months of feeling very nauseous all day and quite rotten with it, like I am just on the verge of being sick all day.
I get a headache that cant be shifted at the same time and feel a little dizzy (perhaps through the not eating while I am feeling sick?)
I am pretty sure I am not pregnant. Am using contraception and having regular periods. Did a test when first starting feeling sick and was negative.

Any ideas as to what it could be? Wondering whether to make a dr's appt about it?

jeee Fri 18-Sep-09 10:12:45

The pill made me feel nauseous - as did the mirena coil for the first couple of months. Could your contraception be causing this?

CommonNortherner Fri 18-Sep-09 11:03:57

You have been feeling this way for 2 months?? Get to the doctor!

uberalice Fri 18-Sep-09 11:52:01

Sounds like migraine to me.

GreenPenguin Fri 18-Sep-09 11:54:19

Is it possible you may be stressed about work or whatever you're going to be doing that day? I had this a few years ago - went to the doc and got everything checked out and they found nothing. It miraculously stopped when I changed jobs. But I had NO IDEA and would never have admitted to being stressed. Just a thought?

sweetnitanitro Fri 18-Sep-09 11:58:19

I had really back nausea when I had depression. I had a whole load of tests done and they didn't find anything but the nausea stopped when I went on ADs.

One of the things I was tested for was h pylori, it's a simple blood test that your GP can do so it's worth asking about if you think any of this applies to you- []http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hpylori/]]

sweetnitanitro Fri 18-Sep-09 11:58:41

Bugger, sorry- digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hpylori/

allaboutme Fri 18-Sep-09 19:54:18

Thank you all
I will see how I feel over the weekend and if still nauseous at all I'll call the docs on Monday.
I dont feel depressed, but am a bit stressed so maybe thats not helping! not about work (i dont work lol) but DS1 is hard work at the mo (SN) and we have lots going on.
I do feel sick in the night so will ask GP about the h pylori test as it sounds like it may be a possibility
May also be migraine i guess with the stress

Thanks for the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now