Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ok, this is really embarrassing

(6 Posts)
ivehadenoughofthis Thu 17-Sep-09 23:41:58

I've had this now since my last baby was born nearly 5 years ago, ok i've always got an itchy bum. I've also been diagnosed coeliac and do notice if I've eaten something wrong its much worse. But when I say itchy I mean really itchy to the point if I scratch it would bleed. I'm careful about not using any strong soaps or washes, I dry well,I don't have worms,i'm not fat, I do sometimes have a very small pile left from having babies. What can I use to make it go away, i've tried various creams with no success, please help!!!!

ilove Thu 17-Sep-09 23:52:13

Have you tried using Canesten cream? It could be thrush...

AnAuntieNotAMum Thu 17-Sep-09 23:56:24

Funnily enough, I was reading a post about this on another forum...small world isn't it? smile. Might be something useful on there?

www.ulcerativecolitis.org.uk/colitisforum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1268

Treeesa Fri 18-Sep-09 00:04:49

If you've tried creams then next i'd experiment with diet. Avoid spicy foods for a while. If you have a snmall pile left then it is possibly down to 'closure' or lack of it if I can put it politely. Lack of proper closure caused by even a small pile can result in slight discharge i.e. bluntly speaking - 'booty sweat'... This will cause the itching.. So if diet change and creams aren't working then I would consider getting it checked if it is uncomfortable every day..

BitOfFun Fri 18-Sep-09 00:11:50

I have heard of a condition called Pruritus Ani (I think, from remembering an ex's medical exam revision)- might be worth a google?

I have this recently, but Canestan cream sorted it. As an ongoing problem it needs looking into though.

MarmadukeScarlet Fri 18-Sep-09 00:36:11

Candida overgrowth in the gut can cause this type of serious itching, any other symptoms?

Maybe you have a small tear (fistula I think the correct term is) I think this can also cause itching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now