Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can you get nose jobs on nhs if....

(7 Posts)
drlove8 Sun 06-Sep-09 21:06:36

.... you have a nose thats been broken by an ex-h/dp . just wondered .thats all xhmm

QueenofCurry Sun 06-Sep-09 21:15:01

Perhaps, if it's causing psychological issues - a friend of a friend was offered a boob job on that basis.

<don't know much but bumping for you>

drlove8 Sun 06-Sep-09 21:25:22

more like its causing lack of sleep issues ( DH is complaining my snoring is keeping him awake) , plus i cant breath through my nose very well.... so always get sore/dry throat. its squint as well , so cant wear glasses/ sunglasses as looks even worse.grin

Northernlurker Sun 06-Sep-09 21:27:58

Yes I think you would be able to get something done. May not be a perfect result but could improve things - what you've got there is an injury that you haven't recovered from and that needs medical attention. If he'd burnt you, you would expect plastic surgery on scars wouldn't you? Go see your GP and ask for a referral.

drlove8 Sun 06-Sep-09 21:35:24

think ive just been putting it to back of mind and dening it ever happened tbh.going to gp would mean id have to talk about it. loads of DV threads on here made me think.... why should i have a reminder of what he did , i divorced the twunt years ago.grin

CurlyQueen Sun 06-Sep-09 21:38:46

If yoru nose is causing sleep issues I odn't think it matters how it got that way - they will almost definitely sort it for you.

"It's affecting my sleep" seems to be a very powerful phrase. You don't need to talk about what happened, just say it has been broken in the past and is giving you trouble.

shonaspurtle Sun 06-Sep-09 21:42:28

Yes. My mum got her nose reset (she broke it falling on ice) over 10 years after the fact as it was causing her sinus problems. Breathing problems would be the same I should imagine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now