Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cost of private ECG?

(6 Posts)
HarryB Fri 04-Sep-09 09:05:11

Does anyone know, roughly, how much an electrocardiogram might cost at a private clinic (probably in London)? Many thanks smile

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 04-Sep-09 11:35:10

No idea of cost, you could phone a clinic and check, but I wonder why you would want one done. Can you read them yourself or do you need the help of a cardiologist?

dilemma456 Fri 04-Sep-09 11:53:29

Message withdrawn

EccentricaGallumbits Fri 04-Sep-09 12:00:41

holy shit that's expensive.
why don't you go to an NHS Dr and have a free one?

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 04-Sep-09 12:48:09

Not sure if it is for a specific worry, but don't most GP's surgery's offer this. It's a very simple test on a basic bit of kit.

HarryB Fri 04-Sep-09 19:47:00

I went to see my GP this week as I've been having chest pains - I think they are due to anxiety but wanted to get it checked out. She listened to my heart and said it was fine, but when I told her about the kind of anxiety I am experiencing; the thoughts I am having, she dismissed is with a Oh FFS face and a tut. Not sure I really trust her judgement.

I poured my heart out to her, but was in and out in 5 mins and made to feel like a silly little girl. I almost had to insist on a standard blood test (my mum has an underactive thyroid and I am showing similar symptoms) in an attempt to see what can be ruled out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now